Monday, May 30, 2011

BBA Challenge #1

What is BBA you ask? It is the BEST bread book i have ever bought!

The Bread Baker's Apprentice has turned my hatred of crappy, hard, never rising high-enough bread into soft, full, steamy hot bread. It is my new favorite cookbook and i have not moved it out of my kitchen since i bought it over a month ago.

Here is my arsenal of equipment. Kitchen Aid Mixer. No you do not need one, but if your somewhat lazy like i am, it can definitely save you some time and energy. Also, i always use bread flour for my recipes, unless i state otherwise. Yes it costs way more, but i find my results are always better. Chose a good olive oil, a scraper tool thing, measuring cups, as well as spoons. Not featured in this picture is my liquid measuring cup.
Alright, this a great recipe, but not listed here. Here is a pic of the dough, rising away.
The garlic, basil and parsley oil. Super easy to infuse, i left it over low heat, 1 cup olive oil, 1/2 cup basil, 1/2 cup parsley, and i believe i put four cloves chopped up, although next time i am so going to just use my garlic press, i like smaller pieces.
Here it is for the final rise. I was really concerned about the amount of oil. I actually took it off and put it on a new parchment. To my surprise it actually soaks up the oil while baking, although the second time i made it (yes it was that good!) i used only 1/2 cup of the oil-herb mixture.)
Delicious! It took about five hours from start to finish the second time, once i was more familiar with the recipe. Good luck with your baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment