Monday, May 30, 2011

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

This recipe is one i found on in a Martha Stewart Everyday Food Magazine. I was really desperate to find a decent recipe, having just moved out, and looking forward to some home cooking. I thought the recipe looked fairly easy, and it was!

I use my kitchen aid to mix this all up, although i have done it by hand a number of times.

1 & 1/2 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Blend together

then add:

1/4 cup oil (but i substitute butter, i prefer the taste.)

2 eggs

blend till just combined.

Then add 3 mashed bananas.

Blend.

Add in 1/2c chocolate chips ( i found it to much, i would add maybe half as much, depends on how much you like chocolate. Also, lately I've using one ounce bittersweet chocolate and two ounces semi sweet, cut into chunks.)

Blend.

Butter your loaf pan. Pour in batter.

Bake at 350 for 60-70 minutes.

(I put mine in for 45 min, checked it, turned it, then baked another 10 minutes.)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment